Friday, March 30, 2007

Always be ready

I'm always amazed when I experience the Word of God in my daily life. I think in orchestrating the step of our lives, God, the Ultimate Creator, are truly truly ...creative? amazing? wonderful? :P (all those words can't really captured what's in my heart-- I'm running out of words this time.)

It happened two days ago, in the midst of my interview for a new job, suddenly I was asked about my writing experience. My past professional experiences did give me some exposure in report writing, but apparently what the interviewer asked was something different. So, in response to that, I mentioned my hobby of writing of stuffs which --i thought unfortunately at that moment--has nothing to do with the job I'm applying for. I said it is 'spiritual' material, not business material. To my surprise, the interviewer asked me to explain my most recent article. Suddenly I was afraid, worried, I mean, there I was, in the midst of job interview for a position which is purely business, and I was asked about my writing in spiritual thing! And I don't know the interviewers--means I have no idea what their personal beliefs background are. Finally, I gathered my courage to tell the truth (which was what I got during my meditation last time:P). I explained as an opening that I am a Christian and my recent article is about my meditation of the Word of God.

And if you're wondering about my 'presentation', yes, I did explain the whole Hebrew words, the meaning and the effect of having God as our Master in life, referring to Psalm 90 :1 (If you haven't read my previous blog, you can read it here: http://violadeo.blogspot.com/2007/03/dwelling-place.html)
In short, it was a verbal version of the summary of my previous blog.

My emotion was changing from being afraid and worried, into feeling strange and awkward, but eventually, I could really 'flow' and I felt that God Himself was there with me in that meeting room.

Praise to God, I passed that level of interview, but of course, there are another test I have to face. But still, on my way home, even until today, my heart is filled with joy. I always know that as a Christian, becoming a true witness of God is something innate in our spiritual man. But I never thought that when I prayed to God, asking for guidance and grace of God for the interview, I would be given such honor. I mean, I did say that God, help me to be your true witness today, in my speech and deeds, for Your glory. God reminded me later that what had happened was an answered prayer. I was given a chance to explain the Word of God before 2 foreigners. It's not my initiative at all, God just planned it out, to answer my prayer, beyond my expectation. God also really have a HUGE sense of humour :D What I mean is, what I wrote is about our relationship with God as Our Master, and God gave me the chance to explain it to my future-can-be boss (read : master)?

He is truly Our Master, and I am witness to that, ready or not :D

God, thank You for the chance of introducing You to others. I know it is a grace given to me. Not that I'm worthy, but because You're willing. I pray that the seed of God's Word may grow and produce its fruits in due seasons. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics

Related Posts with Thumbnails