Sunday, June 3, 2007

In the waiting...

When you're waiting...it's very comforting to know that there is a verse for it, and also song about it, which reminds you of basic truth.

For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. -Habakkuk 2:3(NKJV)

UNTIL
Dave Clark and Mark Harris

Is it unfair
To say that You are leading
Then try and face this mountain on my own
Why am I scared
I've never stopped believing
And You have never left me all alone
Well I could get ahead of where You've led me to
But I will trust Your heart enough to wait for You

Chorus:

Until this mountain moves
Until the path is clear
Until Your voice is the only one that I can hear
Until I see Your hand
Until I know Your heart
Until I trust the grace that's carried me this far
I will be still until

How could I
Have never seen this coming
It's not like I've been running
From Your will
Tell me why
Each day's another mystery
Waiting for Your truth to be revealed
I try to tell my heart to trust what I believe
And wait on You through all my uncertainty

Repeat Chorus

Be still my heart of worry
Be still my restless soul
Be confident and certain
Be still and know

Repeat Chorus

Lord Jesus, You know the restlessness of my heart. You know my confusion. Still, I have committed to You, I would only go to the place where You lead. Let me not run away from You, just to fulfill the urgency of my heart. Teach my heart...Pour into it, the Perfect Love, which casts out all fear...and grows the first virtue of Love...PATIENCE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics

Related Posts with Thumbnails