Saturday, April 14, 2007

No One

Can't help not to post this video--not because of Michael W.Smith(appearing in the beginning) and Mr. & Mrs. George W.Bush(appearing in the end):P But because these songs Cece Winans sing are profoundly reverberating into my heart. Been listening to them over and over again this whole week and the reflection that I got is that this medley are explaining some deep revelation about relationship.

I Surrender All-one of my most favourite hymns- explaining the kind of relationship characteristic we have with God. Of all kinds of relationship we have with God (you name it: Father-Sons, Master-Bond servants, Teacher-Disciples, Bridegroom-Bride, Husband-Wife, etc.), this is the most critical attitude of heart we ought to have. Surrendering all to God. In good times and bad times. In easy endeavors and tough endeavors. When sun shines brightly and when rain falls hard, even until the flood comes unexpectedly :P That's the kind of attitude we ought to have, besides great gratitude and humility, of course. One of our human tendency is trying to control everything, even things we have no authority to control. The reasons behind are fear of the unknowns, inconveniences, and hardships. We prefer avoiding all the bad ones at all cost. We strive to more comforting and pleasant lifestyle. Not that it's entirely wrong. But when that is what we aim for, sadly, it is the very thing that will overrule our lives and in the end, left us dissatisfied. I am still learning this lesson, but up to this point, I have learned that true contentment sprung out only from our true relationship with God. Intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. And there can not be any intimacy without thorough surrender. Like any other close and loving relationship we have, the key to intimacy is trust. And the evidence of trust in relationship, particularly with God, is complete surrender. Whoa! If this sounds too hard to 'chew' for you, try to open your heart. Because this matter is not something we can digest using our mind, but more to that, it can only be understood by an open, lowly, and willing heart.

When we slowly learn to surrender to God (it's a process, not an immediate events by the way), then we will experience the truth in the second songs- No One, a great worship song by Cece Winans.The first time we get to know God, we proclaim that we surrender to Him. Then the process of surrendering life to God begin, bit by bit, layer by layer, and if you continue on this pilgrimage with God, there would come a time when you look back and see how in every situation, at all times, how God lovingly sustains you through--even when you go astray. The power of love of God, in all its rich aspects, which blow your heart and soul away, will capturing your heart that you may whisper, please let me always be with You. And you want to shout and tell the whole world, how wonderful and beautiful this Lover of your soul is. I don't know which is the point of your journey with God at this moment. You may have just started, or you have been walking faithfully for quite a long time. You may have backslide, or even you haven't started a real relationship with God. No matter where you are right now, it is not important. What important is you let go and let God start to showering you and covering you with HIS amazing love, now. Turn to Him, just as you are, and let His love changes you from within and makes you a new creation. And you will be able to look into His face and stare into His loving eyes and swept away into the caring yet mighty embrace of the nail-scarred hands. Sounds too much? Well, I'm just offering His invitation which I have taken (and by the grace of God, I choose to keep on taking it):

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good; Blessed is the man who trusts in Him!-Psalm 34:8 (NKJV)

Yes, come and taste...and you shall say that it was more than words I could describe, or lyrics Cece Winans could sing :D



I SURRENDER ALL & NO ONE - Cece Winans

All to Jesus, I surrender,
All to Him I freely give
I will ever love and trust Him
In His presence, daily live.

Chorus:

I surrender all, I surrender all,
All to Thee, my blessed Saviour,
I surrender all

---

I whisper words about You endlessly
Mostly to myself 'cause You make me believe
No one could ever love me like You could
There wouldn't be a day I'd be alone
And never would there be a time I didn't know
'Cause no one could ever love me like You could

You have been the One who fulfills my dreams
I'll never let You go
If You stay with me
I promise You would know

Of all the times I've reached out for You
Oh, can't you see how I adore You
I couldn't spend my life without You
Please believe me I will never doubt You

You've been the One to answer all my prayers
Anytime I need You I know that You'll be there
'Cause no one could ever love me like You could
I'm hoping that You'll hear these prayers of mine
I'm hoping that we'll be together for all times
'Cause no one could ever love me like you could

You have been the One who fulfills my dreams
I'll never let You go
If You stay with me
I promise You would know

Of all the times I've reached out for You
Oh, can't You see how I adore You
I couldn't spend my life without You
Please believe me I will never doubt You

Oh I would do anything for You to share that place in my heart
Please let me be the one
It would mean everything
There'll be no one to keep us apart

Of all the times I've reached out for You
Oh, can't you see how I adore You
I couldn't spend my life without You
Please believe me I will never doubt You

(Lyrics taken from http://www.hymnlyrics.org/lyricsi/i_surrender_all.html & http://www.allthelyrics.com/song/45078/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics

Related Posts with Thumbnails