Wednesday, June 16, 2010

One that count

And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.' - Matthew 25:40 (NKJV)

The verse above is part of Jesus' teachings about end times. We are familiar with the passage where Jesus will come as King, dividing the sheep from the goats.

We are told that sheep do these very thing: give food to those who hungry, drink to those who thirsty, hospitality to stranger, cloth to the naked, care for the sick, visitation to the prisoner. And the goats are those who did not do them.

However, as the King positioned himself as one of the least of the brethren, I realized that here, Lord Jesus pointed to only one, one that count.

You see, we live in the world of 'quantity worship'. Of course, to our human minds, the more the better. Our applause and admiration goes to those who can give a lot to a lot of people.

Strangely, Lord Jesus did not say so. Then, does this means that it is OK for us to do it once? (clean my hands, I finished my obligation already :P)

Much to my surprise, the sheep and the goats have no idea when they have or have not done the deed. So, what really counts is the thing they did when they did not realize it.

Which bring me to this conclusion, what have I done to one person lately, which flowing out of love of God in my heart and not for other motivation?

One is nothing in the eyes of human, but it is counted before the Lord... so significant that at the end times, Our Lord recount it, one by one. Not by bulky quantities, there is no race here for those who outdone the others in terms of quantity.

What counts is the one who is in need, is indeed Our King :)

Lord, please forgive me for the mindset of the world. Too many times, I judged things based on quantity involved. Teach me a humble heart to see, that even one is significant before You. Open my eyes and touch my heart so that I can do what You called me to do, even only for one. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Analytics

Related Posts with Thumbnails