Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday Night

Usually, I don't blog on Friday Night. Not after a long day of work. But today, as I went home (late as usual)...somehow I want to share what God has blessed me with.

First, half the way on my late bus journey, I got the chance to talk with a new friend. She is working in the same building (not the same company). We only said hello all this time (when we happened to meet in the restroom). Tonight, God arranged that we can meet, in the bus. I'm on my way home after working overtime; she is on her way home from shopping :D

Then, half way, after she has left, I said a prayer to my Lord, of the matter which has been occupying my mind lately. Then I got reminded of this old song :

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.

When I feel afraid,
And think I've lost my way.
Still, You're there right beside me.

Nothing will I fear
As long as You are near;
Please be near me to the end.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.
Thy word is a lamp unto my feet
And a light unto my path.

I will not forget
Your love for me and yet,
My heart forever is wandering.
Jesus be my guide,
And hold me to Your side,
And I will love You to the end.

Somehow, peace beyond understanding swept through my heart, as His promise:

"Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."~John 14:27 (NKJV)

As I sing the song over and over again, I got reminded that my Lord will faithfully guide me. I still have a thousand of what if questions in my mind...yes, my heart is still wondering. But then, as I sing the Word of God, knowing that He is faithful, I got His peace. Beyond understanding. I don't get the answers to my questions yet; but this much that I know, my heart will be still. Patiently await how God reveals it day after day His will. I just learn to rely on Him completely. Surrender...He will take care of it all. No matter what happen, I know, my heart will be safe in Him, in His hand.

Lord, thank You. You know how many times I was doubtful, thinking maybe somehow I have made mistakes or take a wrong path, but this time, I trust in You. I may not know what awaits me in the future. But this I know, You are faithful, and You are more than enough for me. Thank You Lord Jesus. In Your loving name I pray. Amen.

1 comment:

Analytics

Related Posts with Thumbnails